Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
What People Say About Us
George was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Always done well for me. George is great, JC as well. Actually gave me a ride home one time.
They do the repair correctly the first time.
Excellent service, fast and efficient, they found the problem of my car and repaired it, my favorite workshop
Excellent service. These guys definitely are true professionals in terms of diagnosing the actual car problem and providing the proper care it needs. I am constantly on the road and am always in need of a reliable auto mechanic. Without a doubt, I can rely on these guys to get the job done right. This place is definitely the best McAllen has to offer in terms of proper, professional auto service. I would not trust anyone else with my car, except these guys!
I have been taking my different vehicles to Stutz for over 15 years and I have always experienced nothing but professionalism. Last week I took my truck in and again excellent customer service from the time I walked in until I picked up my truck. I was surprised a few days later when I received a text from the owner to ask me how my vehicle was running and to make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. I will continue to take my business to Stutz when needed. Thank you Stutz!
I have been going to Stutz auto service for the past 15 years and I have had nothing but the best of service. I highly recommend taking your car to this establishment.